Marel is looking for highly motivated candidate to join the Strategy and Corporate Development team. The role of Strategy and Corporate Development is to analyze Marel’s business to understand how the company can optimize its value creation and capture and drive projects that are essential to that.
The candidate will mainly focus on identifying and executing projects within the areas of strategy, M&A, market intelligence, operational excellence and integration in close collaboration with senior management, employees of Strategy and Corporate Development and other stakeholders. Marel offers a dynamic, international work environment with diverse opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
• Work on overall strategic planning and business units’ strategies and drive multiple strategic initiatives
• Improve overall operations and align execution with strategy
• Follow up on and support the implementation of strategic projects
• Lead market analysis to support decision making
• Support and lead best practice sharing across business units and locations
• Excellent project management skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and leadership abilities, including strong stakeholder management skills
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and business and financial understanding
• Strong communication, facilitation and knowledge dissemination skills
• Fluency in English and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Education and experience
• Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Law or equivalent
• Min. 3-5 years experience in leading and/or supporting strategic efforts
• Experience in leading cross-functional projects and teams
• Experience in an international work environment is a benefit
Regarding the Manager role, please contact Magnús Magnússon in Strategy and Corporate Development, email@example.com.
Please submit your application no later than February 26, 2018. Applications are accepted through marel.com/jobs